[Nix-dev] PulseAudio

Sergiu Ivanov sivanov at colimite.fr
Tue May 9 19:50:53 CEST 2017

Hello Mark,

Thus quoth  Mark Gardner  at 17:38 on Tue, May 09 2017:

> I am having trouble getting PulseAudio to work. I added the following to
> configuration.nix, executed nixos-rebuild switch, and rebooted:
>
>   hardware.pulseaudio = {
>     enable = true;
>     package = pkgs.pulseaudioFull;
>   };
>   environment.systemPackages = with pkgs; [
>     pamixer
>     paprefs
>     pavucontrol
>   ];

Here's what I have in my /etc/nixos/configuration.nix:

  hardware = {
    bluetooth.enable = true;
    pulseaudio = {
      enable = true;
      package = pkgs.pulseaudioFull;
    };
  };

I installed pavucontrol and pamixer using nix-env, both work
properly. Also, a bluetooth speaker worked out of the box with this
configuration.

I couldn't get paprefs working, however.  (I tried, but not quite really
hard.)

What happens if you install pavucontrol and pamixer in a user
environment?

--
Sergiu