[Nix-dev] Would love to get feedback / help to a kodi problem

Stefan Huchler stefan.huchler at mail.de
Mon May 8 19:48:54 CEST 2017

Matthew Bauer <mjbauer95 at gmail.com> writes:

> Then kodi should be in your environment. Just run it with kodi if you
> can. You’ll need to do some modifications to get it building under NixOS
> but you’ll hopefully have a better handle on things. Make sure if you
> get it working you submit a PR for it though! Don’t be afraid to ask for
> help if you have issues.

Hi Matthew,

I did try it, it did compile and install, kodi gets run by
displaymanager as user black so I guess thats enough?

But it neither does work nor do I find the plugin or even the category
for it.

I didnt find the time to upload it yet in a proper way, but did it as
gist:

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/25490

The main problem I have to debug that is that I dont even know if I have
nix problems or if this plugin does fix the problem. So I cant just use
the normal make install, and if that solves the issue seperately do the
packaging.

So its very hard to see what the problem is. Not to mention user vs
system packet installations.

I dont ever really understand how the plugin system of kodi works.

Well again I try to find the time to upload my changes as branch. Is
there no maintainer of the kodi package?

I mean the bug is open since 4 5 days, and I did not even get a notice
that somebody have seen the bugreport, or is assigned or anything.

Stefan