[Nix-dev] Linux Libertine: Source vs. OTF

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 12:33:56 CET 2016

On 03/12/2016 12:09 PM, Sergiu Ivanov wrote:
> If I add the lines
>
>   texlive.combine {
>     inherit (texlive) scheme-full;
>   };
>
> to my configuration.nix, I am supposed to get a full TeX Live
> distribution, right?

Yes. We used to have a bug that wouldn't allow this due to it being too
many thousands of packages, but that should be fixed for months IIRC.

This `combine` style with attr-maps is a rather non-standard approach
that I just created somehow for texlive.

> Is there a way to do that in my user profile using nix-env? Something
> like nix-env -i "texlive.combine { ... }"?

Typically we add `-A attr-name` (instead of common names); here one
would have to use `-E expression`. More details are in docs, e.g. `man
nix-env` or in html.

>> On desktop the fonts seemed to always work fine for
>> me, including accented letters (CZ).
>
> I suppose you're talking about the new packaging, and not the
> stand-alone linux-libertine package?

No, I use `-A libertine` all the time. (I've never tried to use it in
*TeX.) But I see your problem with non-latin letters was restricted to
small caps which I don't use and maybe they're not even there.

--Vladimir