[Nix-dev] Linux Libertine: Source vs. OTF

Sergiu Ivanov sivanov at colimite.fr
Sat Mar 12 12:09:49 CET 2016

Hello Vladimír,

Thanks for your answer and sorry for taking so much time to respond.

Thus quoth  Vladimír Čunát  at 21:14 on Wed, Mar 09 2016:
> On 03/09/2016 10:04 AM, Sergiu Ivanov wrote:
>> I have installed linux-libertine-5.3.0 and am having quite a bit of
>> trouble with the fonts and XeLaTeX:
>
> Note that the new texlive packaging includes the `libertine` package
> which also contains latex class for it etc. It might solve the problems.
>
> (If you don't know this texlive packagin, basic user docs is at:
> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/tools/typesetting/tex/texlive-new/default.nix#L1
> )

I skimmed over the file a couple times, but I'm not yet fluent with Nix,
so I'm afraid I'll have some questions.

If I add the lines

  texlive.combine {
    inherit (texlive) scheme-full;
  };

to my configuration.nix, I am supposed to get a full TeX Live
distribution, right?

Is there a way to do that in my user profile using nix-env? Something
like nix-env -i "texlive.combine { ... }"?

>> Is there a specific reason to install Linux Libertine from source,
>> instead of just downloading the pre-built OTF/TTF/whatever files?
>
> I don't know that.

OK, thanks for feedback.

> On desktop the fonts seemed to always work fine for
> me, including accented letters (CZ).

I suppose you're talking about the new packaging, and not the
stand-alone linux-libertine package?

--
Sergiu