[Nix-dev] Linux Libertine: Source vs. OTF

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:14:31 CET 2016

On 03/09/2016 10:04 AM, Sergiu Ivanov wrote:
> I have installed linux-libertine-5.3.0 and am having quite a bit of
> trouble with the fonts and XeLaTeX:

Note that the new texlive packaging includes the `libertine` package
which also contains latex class for it etc. It might solve the problems.

(If you don't know this texlive packagin, basic user docs is at:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/tools/typesetting/tex/texlive-new/default.nix#L1
)

> Is there a specific reason to install Linux Libertine from source,
> instead of just downloading the pre-built OTF/TTF/whatever files?

I don't know that. On desktop the fonts seemed to always work fine for
me, including accented letters (CZ).

--Vladimir