[Nix-dev] Hydra / Builder stability

Christian Theune ct at flyingcircus.io
Wed Mar 2 15:12:06 CET 2016

Hi,

ah, well. So I might try reducing the parallel build load on that machine and should see things improve, right?

> On 02 Mar 2016, at 13:07, Eelco Dolstra <eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On 02/03/16 08:32, Christian Theune wrote:
>
>> the Hydra server I run frequently has issues completing its jobs correctly. It
>> usually fails with weird issues but is fine when restarting. Here’s an example:
>> https://hydra.flyingcircus.io/build/1623/nixlog/2/raw
>
> Looks like you restarted it so I can't see the error. But yeah, the QEMU tests
> tend to be timing-sensitive, which especially is a problem if the host machine
> is heavily loaded. (E.g. udevd might have an N second timeout which wouldn't
> trigger under real world conditions, but might in the VM if it's slow enough.)
> We should definitely try to fix these, but some are hard to fix because they're
> kernel or QEMU issues.

Definitely sounds like it. I’d be happy to gather logs and upload them to the issue tracker if that helps.

Christian

--
Christian Theune · ct at flyingcircus.io · +49 345 219401 0
Flying Circus Internet Operations GmbH · http://flyingcircus.io