[Nix-dev] Hydra / Builder stability

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Wed Mar 2 13:07:30 CET 2016

Hi,

On 02/03/16 08:32, Christian Theune wrote:

> the Hydra server I run frequently has issues completing its jobs correctly. It
> usually fails with weird issues but is fine when restarting. Here’s an example:
> https://hydra.flyingcircus.io/build/1623/nixlog/2/raw

Looks like you restarted it so I can't see the error. But yeah, the QEMU tests
tend to be timing-sensitive, which especially is a problem if the host machine
is heavily loaded. (E.g. udevd might have an N second timeout which wouldn't
trigger under real world conditions, but might in the VM if it's slow enough.)
We should definitely try to fix these, but some are hard to fix because they're
kernel or QEMU issues.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/