[Nix-dev] How to set up your own Hydra server (video tutorial)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Feb 16 10:10:45 CET 2016

Hi folks,

as promised before [1], my presentation from the January NixOS Meet-up
in Berlin is now available on Youtube:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXV0Y5Bn-QQ

The video is provides a tutorial how to configure your own Hydra server.
There is a bunch of configuration files at

    https://github.com/peti/hydra-tutorial

that you can feed to Nixops to deploy a distributed build farm using
virtual machines running on your desktop or laptop, but obviously the
setup works fine in anyone's configuration.nix file on real hardware,
too.

Please know that I am by no means an expert on Hydra and there are a lot
of topics that the presentation doesn't cover! It's probably good enough
to get you started using Hydra for continuous integration for populating
your personal binary cache, but questions like release management or how
to set up your distribution channel aren't covered.

Anyway, if you have questions about the subject, please feel free to ask
in this thread or, if you prefer, in the comment section of the Youtube
video.

Best regards,
Peter

[1] http://lists.science.uu.nl/pipermail/nix-dev/2016-January/019271.html