[Nix-dev] Switch to dead TTY after nixos-rebuild switch succeeded?

Nikolay Amiantov ab at fmap.me
Wed Aug 31 13:27:52 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm glad you asked! I had exactly the same issue several times, I think
it's when some service is restarted. Also if I experience this switch,
after some time the device would go into a graceful reboot by itself (???).

No idea where it comes from but now when I know I'm not alone we can
open an issue and try to investigate...

On 08/31/2016 02:17 PM, Matthias Beyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> another strange issue which just happened the second time for me:
>
> After my `nixos-rebuild switch` ran successfully, my device switched
> to a dead TTY (TTY8 for me). Everything worked, the X-Server was still
> there (on TTY7) and nothing bad happened at all, the device just
> switched to this dead (or maybe I should say "unused") TTY.
>
> Someone having the same issue and an idea where this comes from?

Nikolay.