[Nix-dev] few questions before migrating from Debian…

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Sat Apr 16 13:30:52 CEST 2016

Online Touch | Danny Wilson <info at onlinetouch.nl> writes:

> ZFS is the best :-)

What about memory consumption?

> With slight modifications you don’t need a separate /boot filesystem
> since recent Grub can read ZFS filesystems (mirrors, not sure about
> RAID-Z) just fine.

What are those modifications which are required?

> A few months ago I've installed NixOS on ZFS root (mirrored disks) so
> I know it’s possible.

That’s good to know..maybe I should try to do another test-install under
vbox with ZFS on root & raid1…

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Perform your prescribed duty, for doing so is better than not
working. One cannot even maintain one's physical body without work.