[Nix-dev] Contributing to nixpkgs and maintainers burden

Ruben Astudillo ruben.astud at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 07:00:34 CEST 2016

Hi nixers.

I have a couple of packages (hakuneko, haskell-related) on my local copy
of the repo. Time to time I've thought of contributing back. But I think
on the maintainers of nixpkgs and don't know if I am really making them
favor.

On the "commit access" thread I learned that nixpkgs on github is kind of
a mess. I don't really want to put extra burden on somebody (who already
are doing a wonderful job) with just a PR and want to actively work on
updating my packages. Is there a hierarchy of people assigned different
level of pkgs/ (so I can work with less full people) or is still the
global "give commit acess" still around? What are the plans?

--
-- Ruben Astudillo