[Nix-dev] few questions before migrating from Debian…

Online Touch | Danny Wilson info at onlinetouch.nl
Sat Apr 16 12:15:31 CEST 2016

ZFS is the best :-)

My gist ( https://gist.github.com/vizanto/7374277 ) is still relevant. With slight modifications you don’t need a separate /boot filesystem since recent Grub can read ZFS filesystems (mirrors, not sure about RAID-Z) just fine.
Basically just skipping the partitioning steps and creating a whole disk zpool.

A few months ago I've installed NixOS on ZFS root (mirrored disks) so I know it’s possible.

Cheers,
Danny