[Nix-dev] More Library Trouble (Haskell and Python Libraries)

Taeer Bar-Yam tb442 at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 20 04:07:47 CEST 2015

Hey guys,
  I added some haskell and python libraries to my configuration.nix
environment.systemPackages, and they are appearing in
/run/current-system/sw/lib/(relevant language)/ But when I try to use them
from scripts, the programming language can't find them. Is there some way I
need to tell the compiler/interpreter/language where to look?

Details:
  Haskell:
- package is io-memoize (though the problem occurred with other packages as
well)
- packages appear in
/run/current-system/sw/lib/ghc-7.10.2/io-memoize-1.1.1.0/
- Error message is:
  Could not find module `System.IO.Memoize'
  Locations searched:
    System/IO/Memoize.hs
    System/IO/Memoize.lhs
    System/IO/Memoize.hsig
    System/IO/Memoize.lhsig
- It is interesting to note that the file that appears in
/run/current-system/sw/lib/ghc-7.10.2/io-memoize-1.1.1.0/ does not have any
of those file extensions. It is Memoize.hi.
  But the standard library is also in .hi format, and those libraries load
fine.

  Python:
- numpy, matplotlib
- seems to be in /run/current-system/sw/lib/python2.7/site-packages
- Error message:
  ImportError: No module named numpy