[Nix-dev] Decision Procedures

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Mon Jan 19 22:33:06 CET 2015

On 19-01-2015 23:58:19, Michael Raskin wrote:
> >We did already some helpful steps (travis for PRs, staging and release
> >branches, ...), but we probably need some more.
>
> Travis is not a good fit to us, as it times out all the time. It's
> a pity.

Just let me mention "drone"[0]!

I started developing a lib back in September with some folks at
my university and we used travis. It was slow as hell and
everything, so we switched to drone (which was still beta back
then, don't know what it is right now, though) and it was SO
DAMN FAST.

We had jobs in travis which took 20 minutes because it was always
scheduled (and installed dependencies all the time). Equal
complex jobs in drone took about 7 seconds or something.

I don't know how much it fits for NixOS, though. And, of course, there
is hydra.

[0]: drone.io

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,