[Nix-dev] fetching tarballs recursively

James Cook james.cook at utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 30 02:59:51 CET 2014

I don't have a concrete answer, but two things come to mind:

- /nix/store is mounted read-only by default on NixOS, so it might not
be a permissions issue.  (The nix tools do something clever every time
the want to write to it.)

- Looking at the man page for nix-store, the --import and --export
options might make more sense than --dump and --restore, but I haven't
used any of this myself.

James