[Nix-dev] fetching tarballs recursively

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 14:58:19 CET 2014

Hi! I have one more question regarding the topic: how to restore the
collected tarballs back into /nix/store? I've tried to --dump them and
later --restore , but the nix-store errored with errors like

$ cat dump | nix-store --restore
/nix/store/zwp4iadr91lbfynn61vnzs8i1fv003gj-bash42-016
error: creating file
`/nix/store/zwp4iadr91lbfynn61vnzs8i1fv003gj-bash42-016': Read-only
file system

I expected nix-store to create the target path as nixbldX user, but
looks like it is not the case. Is it expected behavior for nix-store
--restore?

Regards,
Sergey

PS
My current nixpkgs is quite old at the moment.