[Nix-dev] Merging x-updates

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 11:51:18 CEST 2013

On 09/09/2013 03:33 AM, James Cook wrote:
> Just tried x-updates, and X won't start any more.  Is anyone else
> using the open source AMD driver?
>
> There's something in the X log about "dlopen of /lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
> failed", since the file doesn't exist.  Hopefully I'll have time later
> to look into this.

That is strange, as nothing related to path search has changed. The
drivers are configured by passing --with-dri-searchpath pointing to
/run/opengl-driver{,-32} (depending on your platform). I even verified
that the source still uses the the path on dlopen. The link should be
setup when starting X server (nixos does that).

More info from logs could help.

>>> Originally I thought we might stabilize stdenv-updates and merge at
>>> once, but that moment unfortunately seems still too far.
>>
>> What's preventing stdenv-updates from being merged in?
>
> There are a few linking errors mentioned in
> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/909 and vcunat's comment.

These errors are just on stdenv-updates, not x-updates.

Are you sure you were testing x-updates and not stdenv-updates?
(Although there was no change around these things either AFAIK.)

Vlada