[Nix-dev] Merging x-updates

James Cook james.cook at utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 9 03:33:01 CEST 2013

On 8 September 2013 16:01, Jason O'Conal <jason at oconal.id.au> wrote:
> Excerpts from Vladimír Čunát's message of 2013-09-08 22:56:03 +1000:
>> I suggest we merge x-updates. If noone objects until, say, tuesday, I
>> will do it.
>
> Yes, please. This will fix a whole stack of builds in Darwin (due to Qt
> now bulding).

Just tried x-updates, and X won't start any more.  Is anyone else
using the open source AMD driver?

There's something in the X log about "dlopen of /lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
failed", since the file doesn't exist.  Hopefully I'll have time later
to look into this.

>> Originally I thought we might stabilize stdenv-updates and merge at
>> once, but that moment unfortunately seems still too far.
>
> What's preventing stdenv-updates from being merged in?

There are a few linking errors mentioned in
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/909 and vcunat's comment.

James