[Nix-dev] libgsystem/gsystem-file-utils.c:28:34: fatalerror:gio/gunixinputstream.h: No such file or directory

Roelof Wobben rwobben at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 1 20:18:50 CET 2013

> Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 23:10:48 +0400
> From: 7c6f434c at mail.ru
> To: rwobben at hotmail.com; nix-dev at lists.science.uu.nl
> Subject: Re: [Nix-dev] libgsystem/gsystem-file-utils.c:28:34: fatalerror:gio/gunixinputstream.h: No such file or directory

> >> GIO is a part of glib.
> >>
> >> Its include path matches ${glib}/include/gio-*
> >>
> >> I usually just expand this mask in preConfigure and add
> >> -I$gio_include_dir to NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE variable.
> Do you use the export Nix_FLAGS_COMPILE  or just NIX_FLAGS_FLAGS_COMPILE.In a few derivations I see NIX_FLAGS_COMPILE without the preconfigure
>
> If you set it in the nix-expression directly, this value will be set in
> the environment before the builder starts and so the builder will
> gradually add to it.
>
> If you want to run some shell code to discover specific values, it will
> be run in the middle of the builder, so it is better to append to
> NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE.
>
> preConfigure = ''
>   gio_include_dir="${glib}/include"/gio-*/
>   export NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE="$NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE -I$gio_include_dir"
> '';

No luck.

I changed the derivation to this ;

{ stdenv, fetchurl, pkgconfig, autoreconfHook, gobjectIntrospection, intltool, gettext, glib, gnome_common,
libX11, libXrandr, libXext, gtk3, gdk_pixbuf, xkeyboard_config, libxkbfile }:

stdenv.mkDerivation rec {
  name = "cjs";
  version="2.0.4";

  src = fetchurl {
    url = "http://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-desktop/archive/${version}.tar.gz";
    sha256 = "1cywin712558pv58c0cr73m25hfcv5x8pv5frvqjr9gwr2gpi6h3";
  };

  preConfigure = ''
    gio_include_dir="${glib}/include"/gio-*/
    export NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE="$NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE -I$gio_include_dir"
  '';

  buildInputs = [
    pkgconfig autoreconfHook
    gobjectIntrospection intltool gettext glib
    gnome_common libX11 libXrandr libXext gtk3
    gdk_pixbuf xkeyboard_config libxkbfile
  ];

  preBuild = "patchShebangs ./scripts";

  meta = {
    homepage = "http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com";
    description = "cinnamon-desktop contains the libcinnamon-desktop library, the cinnamon-about
     program as well as some desktop-wide documents." ;

    longDescription = ''
       cinnamon-desktop contains the libcinnamon-desktop library, the cinnamon-about
       program as well as some desktop-wide documents.

       The libcinnamon-desktop library provides API shared by several applications
       on the desktop, but that cannot live in the platform for various
       reasons. There is no API or ABI guarantee, although we are doing our
       best to provide stability. Documentation for the API is available with
       gtk-doc.
    '';

    platforms = stdenv.lib.platforms.linux;
    maintainers = [ stdenv.lib.maintainers.roelof ];
  };
}
and still the same error message.

Roelof