[Nix-dev] libgsystem/gsystem-file-utils.c:28:34: fatalerror:gio/gunixinputstream.h: No such file or directory

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Sun Dec 1 20:10:48 CET 2013

>> >Anyone a clue how to solve this ?
>>
>> GIO is a part of glib.
>>
>> Its include path matches ${glib}/include/gio-*
>>
>> I usually just expand this mask in preConfigure and add
>> -I$gio_include_dir to NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE variable.
Do you use the export Nix_FLAGS_COMPILE  or just NIX_FLAGS_FLAGS_COMPILE.In a few derivations I see NIX_FLAGS_COMPILE without the preconfigure

If you set it in the nix-expression directly, this value will be set in
the environment before the builder starts and so the builder will
gradually add to it.

If you want to run some shell code to discover specific values, it will
be run in the middle of the builder, so it is better to append to
NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE.

preConfigure = ''
  gio_include_dir="${glib}/include"/gio-*/
  export NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE="$NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE -I$gio_include_dir"
'';