[Nix-dev] libgsystem/gsystem-file-utils.c:28:34:fatalerror:gio/gunixinputstream.h: No such file or directory

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Sun Dec 1 20:50:06 CET 2013

>> Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 23:10:48 +0400
>> From: 7c6f434c at mail.ru
>> To: rwobben at hotmail.com; nix-dev at lists.science.uu.nl
>> Subject: Re: [Nix-dev] libgsystem/gsystem-file-utils.c:28:34: fatalerror:gio/gunixinputstream.h: No such file or directory
>>
>No luck.
>
>I changed the derivation to this ;
>
>{ stdenv, fetchurl, pkgconfig, autoreconfHook, gobjectIntrospection, intltool, gettext, glib, gnome_common,
>libX11, libXrandr, libXext, gtk3, gdk_pixbuf, xkeyboard_config, libxkbfile }:
>
>stdenv.mkDerivation rec {
>  name = "cjs";
>  version="2.0.4";
>
>  src = fetchurl {
>    url = "http://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-desktop/archive/${version}.tar.gz";
>    sha256 = "1cywin712558pv58c0cr73m25hfcv5x8pv5frvqjr9gwr2gpi6h3";
>  };
>
>  preConfigure = ''
>    gio_include_dir="${glib}/include"/gio-*/
>    export NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE="$NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE -I$gio_include_dir"
>  '';
>
>  buildInputs = [
>    pkgconfig autoreconfHook
>    gobjectIntrospection intltool gettext glib
>    gnome_common libX11 libXrandr libXext gtk3
>    gdk_pixbuf xkeyboard_config libxkbfile
>  ];
>
>  preBuild = "patchShebangs ./scripts";
>
>  meta = {
>    homepage = "http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com";
>    description = "cinnamon-desktop contains the libcinnamon-desktop library, the cinnamon-about
>     program as well as some desktop-wide documents." ;
>
>    longDescription = ''
>       cinnamon-desktop contains the libcinnamon-desktop library, the cinnamon-about
>       program as well as some desktop-wide documents.
>
>       The libcinnamon-desktop library provides API shared by several applications
>       on the desktop, but that cannot live in the platform for various
>       reasons. There is no API or ABI guarantee, although we are doing our
>       best to provide stability. Documentation for the API is available with
>       gtk-doc.
>    '';
>
>    platforms = stdenv.lib.platforms.linux;
>    maintainers = [ stdenv.lib.maintainers.roelof ];
>  };
>}
>and still the same error message.

Please add:

echo "gio_include_dir: $gio_include_dir"
echo "NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE: $NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE"

to the end of preConfigure

And post:

the nix expression again (as you have helpfully done),
the debug lines of NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE and gio_include_dir and 3-line
context (or whatever you deem necessary)
10-line context of the error message
5-line context of the source line reported in the message

Maybe I will see what was wrong with my advice then…