[Nix-dev] NixOS on Linode

shea at shealevy.com shea at shealevy.com
Wed Apr 10 05:09:17 CEST 2013

Hi Malcolm,

I have NixOS running on a linode instance using pv-grub. I originally
created three disk images: One to hold the /boot mountpoint (not
partitioned, a direct ext2 filesystem was placed on it), one to hold the
rest of my partitions, and one to hold the livecd. I then copied the
livecd image to the partition (IIRC just using dd), booted into that,
and installed my system like normal. Then I deleted the livecd image and
folded the free space into the "rest of my partitions" image. My NixOS
configuration can be found here:
https://bitbucket.org/shlevy/dotfiles/src/bf7f86a6bca2a5fd81614cd40777006bd0e4ff5c/nixos/linode-configuration.nix?at=default

Cheers,
Shea