[Nix-dev] NixOS on Linode

Malcolm Matalka mmatalka at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 08:22:29 CEST 2013

Thanks Shea!

How do you boot the ISO on Linode.  What I did:

- Created a small Gentoo disk and a LiveCD disk

- Booted into Rescue Mode

- Downloaded the
  http://nixos.org/releases/nixos/latest-iso-minimal-x86_64-linux to the
  Gentoo disk

- dd'd the iso to my LiveCD disk

- Modified Configuration so LiveCD is the boot disk, and kernel is
  pv-grub (x86_64)

Then I try to boot and I get a grubdom screen and can't get it to boot.

Am I doing it right?

Thanks!

Once I can get a working Linode I'll push this information back to the
wiki.

/M