[Nix-dev] Announcing free-nix: the free Linux distribution based on the Nix package manager

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Jun 28 14:42:26 CEST 2012

Hello!

Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> skribis:

> Eelco revoked all access of all regular contributors without prior
> warning.

While I agree that this is a major annoyance (especially as someone who
administrates a Hydra instance and is currently unable to help fix
bugs), I believe it’s mostly the consequence of Eelco and the rest of us
not taking the time to agree on a workflow, rather than a desire to
“reinforce the oligarchy”, to use your terms.  ;-)

I’d personally have preferred the switch to take place once there’s
consensus on the workflow, precisely to avoid that situation.  But I’m
sure Eelco did this in good faith.  And after all, I was among those who
bothered him to switch to Git, so I definitely won’t blame him for
taking the time to take care of this!

Cheers,
Ludo’.