[Nix-dev] Fwd: Nixpkgs and NixOS moved to GitHub

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 09:16:04 CEST 2012

More on policy.
AFAIK, many projects follow [git's own recommendations on sending
patches][1]. We should look at this document and decide what is acceptable
for us to adopt.
Especially, we have to agree on commit message format (ignoring sign-offs
for now) and tenses used. Right know most commits are in present
imperative, which is good according to [1]. But there are some in past and
even in continuous (hi, viric ;)). Ok, I'm a formalist.

[1]:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=git/git.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/SubmittingPatches;h=ece3c77482b3ff006b973f1ed90b708e26556862;hb=HEAD

--
Кирилл Елагин