[Nix-dev] Fwd: Nixpkgs and NixOS moved to GitHub

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 09:03:58 CEST 2012

So, [here][1] we have a nice example of discussions in pull requests. This
shows that this model actually works.
I hope one day we'll get a document explaining how to work pull requests,
and I'd like to suggest the following. In cases like this one, when there
are lots of commits fixing small bugs, that are not really meaningful and
result in a single closure, there is no need to keep actual history of
progress (it's usually needed to “document” decisions made by the developer
and show some logic in his work).
So I believe that in such cases commits should be squashed before merging
into the master. Adding a new package is, logically, a single action and it
shouldn't span more than one commit.

[1]: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/19

--
Кирилл Елагин