[Nix-dev] Google web fonts import

Antono Vasiljev self at antono.info
Sun Jun 24 00:13:03 CEST 2012

Hello, Guys!

It's my first post here and i'm totally newbie in nix.  Currently i use
nix on Ubuntu. I submited my first nix pkg yesterday and it was accepted
:) https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/19

I would like to write small Google Web Fonts[1] importer for NixOs (+500
free ttf fonts).  But before i start i would like to propose better
naming conventions for font packages... Something like Debian Policy[2]
looks good for me (fonts-FONTNAME).

Also, i know that nix is young and multipage policies will be overkill,
but something like README.md in pkgs/data/fonts/ and other dirs could
work.

What do you think?

[1]: http://www.google.com/webfonts/
[2]: http://wiki.debian.org/Fonts/PackagingPolicy