[Nix-dev] Updating emacs-snapshot package

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Sat Jan 21 19:43:32 CET 2012

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:12:32 -0800, Phil Hagelberg <technomancy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi; I'm trying to update the emacs-snapshot package to a more recent
> pretest of version 24.

I removed the emacsSnapshot package in favour of emacs24, which is set
to lowPrio: emacs23 has higher priority.

To install it:

nix-env -iA nixpkgs_sys.emacs24

and packages for it:

nix-env -iA nixpkgs_sys.emacs24Packages.org

I'm using it as of now. The frequency of pretest releases seems not to
justify thinking about an update policy.

@Phil: I based it on emacs23 and had no issues. I assume the
--with-crt-dir option does the trick.

I added support for libxml, imagemagick and gnutls. We have an
imagemagickBig in nixpkgs with support for tetex and librsvg - should we
use that instead? I have no opinion/clue.

I enabled librsvg for emacs24 on all platforms except darwin, because it
sounded cool. Is it still broken on darwin?

Gconf is generally disabled as for emacs23. Do we want gconf support?

-florian
--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC