[Nix-dev] How do I add Firefox extensions?

Bill Trost trost at cloud.rain.com
Sun Dec 16 03:22:47 CET 2012

Vlada wrote:
    I use the package pkgs.firefoxWrapper....

Ah, thanks, that's definite progress (operator error aside).
Now I come to see that setting either enableGeckoMediaPlayer
or enableMPlayer prevents nixos-build from completing.

Is this why it's called the unstable channel?   :-)

To be precise, the fatal error for mplayer looks to be:

  checking MOZPLUG_LIBS... Package nspr was not found in the pkg-config search path.

It looks like gecko-mediaplayer is failing because
gcc is too new for the version in the tree.

Thanks,
Bill