[Nix-dev] How do I add Firefox extensions?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 18:37:17 CET 2012

Hello.

On 12/14/2012 06:22 AM, Bill Trost wrote:
> I've spent a good part of an evening trying to figure out how to convince
> the Firefox that came with the Nixos install that it should use
> extensions other than Shockwave flash. This is a 686 machine, so I should
> be able to use most anything, but I can't figure out what incantation I
> should put in nixos.conf to make the miracle happen.

I use the package pkgs.firefoxWrapper or pkgs.firefoxVersionWrapper
(where substitute "Version" with stuff like 36 or 15). These are
wrappers with standard plugins which are flash and java (probably, I
don't know the current state).

To tweak see the pkgs/top-level/all-packages.nix for definitions,
descriptions and examples.

I don't know the status of global per-user or system
package-configuration (like nixpkgs.config attrset) as I don't use it.
That's why I waited so long to reply -- I thought someone has a better
answer... but my way does work :-)

I hope this helps.
Vlada