[Nix-dev] xsane backend snapshots

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 06:56:57 CET 2012

On Четверг 06 декабря 2012 15:22:19 Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> Hi,

> >> Why?  Wouldn't it be better if logged-in users have access to
> >> scanners, just like sound devices etc.?
> >
> > I'd vote for both. I think the usual way in those things is to do both,
> > no?
> Yes, although I personally don't see much use for all these device
> type-specific groups.

And this is why nixos still has audio and video groups? :)
I agree this is the old-school approach. However, considering that scanning
wasn't properly packaged at all and this was easy to do, I think it's still a
step forward. If someone figures out how to do pol-/console-kit stuff, that's
great.

I wasn't aware of saned, and I wonder just how well it's supported by
software.
--
Evgeny