[Nix-dev] xsane backend snapshots

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Sat Dec 8 13:13:26 CET 2012

Lluís Batlle i Rossell <viric at viric.name> writes:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 03:22:19PM +0100, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
>> Hi,

>> > I'd vote for both. I think the usual way in those things is to do both, no?
>>
>> Yes, although I personally don't see much use for all these device type-specific
>> groups.
>
> Well, I use them when through ssh I use the desktop computer of my wife, that
> has some devices connected and I want to use on my own (audio recording,
> scanning, dvd burning, ...). All that without logging her out.
>
> Maybe there is a polkit way of doing that, but I've no idea.

+1

It would be great to be able to use things via ssh. Remote usage does
not mean, that you do not have physical access to use a scanner.

Whether groups are needed or polkit has a way of doing that, I don't
know.

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC