[Nix-dev] Broadcom wireless driver

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 17:15:50 CET 2010

Hi Vlada,

2010/11/28 Vladimír Čunát <vcunat at gmail.com>:
> I'm attaching a patch for a linux kernel module for some Broadcom
> wireless cards. My internet connection depends on it, it is tested on
> x86_64. I'll be glad for your comments on the patch, for example I
> don't know if this way it gets build by hydra or if is included in
> install-CDs (which would be good, IMHO).

I don't know much about kernel modules, but the nix expressions
(*.nix) looks good to me.

However, I suggest you to have a look at nixos-harware-scan tool
(nixos/modules/installer/nixos-hardware-scan.pl) and
nixos/modules/installer/scan/*nix files and to remove the first
comment line.  This tool is used to automatically generate a
configuration for a computer.  If you succeeded to make your hardware
detected, you can add an entry in
nixos/modules/installer/scan/detected.nix, otherwise add it in
nixos/modules/installer/scan/not-detected.nix.  These files are used
to produce default configurations and CD configurations.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/