[Nix-dev] Updating haskell packages to ghc 6.12.2?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat May 1 13:55:17 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Jason Dusek's message of Fri Apr 30 22:11:45 +0200 2010:
>   Where is GHC 6.12.2 availabe for NixOS? I have the 'unstable'
>   package collection:
>
>     http://nixos.org/releases/nixpkgs/channels/nixpkgs-unstable/
>
>   and only that channel but seemingly no 6.12:
>
>  :; nix-env -qa '*' | egrep 'ghc6\.12'
>
>   I updated my channel just now.

Well you should do it right from the beginning:
I wrote 3 new howtos:

http://wiki.nixos.org/wiki/Main_Page#HOWTOs
Titles:

= How to find the package you're looking for in Nix

= How to keep multiple packages up to date at once (example for
pkgs.misc.collection)

= How to find any text in code fast (gnu idutils)

For you the second howto (keep multiple packages up to date)
is important.

Maybe I duplicated information. But I think its important that we can
help people fast.

Marc Weber