[Nix-dev] Updating haskell packages to ghc 6.12.2?

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Mon May 3 18:27:23 CEST 2010

2010/05/01 Lluís Batlle i Rossell <viriketo at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 12:16:29PM +0200, Andres Loeh wrote:
>> Both 6.12.1 and 6.12.2 are available, but their packages are not
>> currently listed by name. You can install them via attribute name,
>
> I know little on haskell, but I made those packages get listed by name in
> a recent commit.
> Nixpkgs trunk should show them on 'nix-env -qa'.
>
> I've seen two people asking that recently; if the packages were not listed
> by some reason, I missed it. Feel free to fix it. :)

  Thanks so much. Nix really looks like the best available tool
  for managing GHC installations; I ended up setting up a Gentoo
  machine just so I could have a managed install of 6.12 but now
  that I know about this I can use 6.12 on Ubuntu, CentOS, Macs
  and so on without introducing unmanaged cruft that I'll just
  have to clean up next year.

--
Jason Dusek