[Nix-dev] cmucl

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Fri Aug 27 13:48:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 08/27/2010 01:43 PM, Marco Maggesi wrote:

> One more question though: I thought that this patchelf operation was
> automatically performed during the fixupPhase after the installPhase.
>
> But I made a small test with an ad-hoc derivation and this does not happen, i.e.
> the ELF interpreter is not changed.  (Even if I can see from the logs that
> patchelf is actually invoked on the installed executables).
>
> Perhaps the fixupPhase do not change the interpreter?

Indeed.  It only uses `patchelf --shrink-rpath' to get rid of unused paths in
the RPATHs of executables.  (This was necessary in the past because ld-wrapper
passed every "lib" directory in buildInputs as a -rpath flag to the ld
invocation.  I think it now only adds -rpath flags for libraries that are
actually used, so maybe we don't need this anymore.)