[Nix-dev] *.tar.lzma archives

Sander van der Burg - EWI S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl
Fri Oct 16 16:29:45 CEST 2009

I noticed that *.tar.lzma tarballs are becoming more common now, so I thought it would be very useful to add a *.tar.lzma option to the genericBuilder. I suggest this, because I noticed that certain packages such as libtool provide their own unpack commands. The libtool unpack command, however, does not work on OpenBSD since the -f option is not passed to the tar command (yes, we have more platforms now in the buildfarm).

I'd really like to fix this, but this will probably trigger a massive rebuild. Since we have a massive rebuild anyway, I think it's more useful to extend the generic builder with support for *.tar.lzma archives. Is this weekend a good period to adapt the generic builder? I will adapt the expressions that a custom unpackCmd as well.