[Nix-dev] *.tar.lzma archives

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Fri Oct 16 19:57:37 CEST 2009

Hi,

Sander van der Burg - EWI wrote:

> I noticed that *.tar.lzma tarballs are becoming more common now, so I
> thought it would be very useful to add a *.tar.lzma option to the
> genericBuilder. I suggest this, because I noticed that certain packages
> such as libtool provide their own unpack commands. The libtool unpack
> command, however, does not work on OpenBSD since the -f option is not
> passed to the tar command (yes, we have more platforms now in the
> buildfarm).

If you want to do setup.sh changes in the trunk without causing lots of
disruption, just clone it and use the overrideSetup function for packages that
need it.  You can even make it the default for the stdenv on OpenBSD.  We can
merge the changes back into setup.sh during the next stdenv branch merge.