[Nix-dev] nix-cache no longer available

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 19:09:13 CEST 2009

Hi Richard,

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 18:54, Richard Woodbury <rpwoodbu at mybox.org> wrote:
> As of at least yesterday, http://nixos.org/releases/nix-cache no longer
> exists, which means binary substitutions are not available for Nix channels.

Nix channels are now generated by the new buildfarm (hydra), I
recommend you to visit http://hydra.nixos.org/, then choose the right
project like "nixpkgs", or any other which may interest you and click
on the latest link from the "Channel" section.  You will have the
command to update your channels.

> Is there a mirror of the stable channel that I might use as a stop-gap?

I was not aware of a stable channel yet.

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/