[Nix-dev] nix-cache no longer available

Richard Woodbury rpwoodbu at mybox.org
Sun Oct 11 18:54:30 CEST 2009

As of at least yesterday, http://nixos.org/releases/nix-cache no longer
exists, which means binary substitutions are not available for Nix channels.
This causes me some grief, as installs via the channel require "--failback",
and take a long time to build.  I even have a situation where one package
won't build correctly on my machine (which is bothersome, but a different
topic), so I am unable to move forward.

What happened to nix-cache?  When will it come back?  Is there a mirror of the
stable channel that I might use as a stop-gap?

Thanks,
Richie