[Nix-dev] Re: Nix Logo.

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Nov 4 19:01:24 CET 2009

Excerpts from Andres Loeh's message of Wed Nov 04 18:44:34 +0100 2009:
> Thanks Nicolas for pushing the NixOS logo forward, and my apologies
> for not reacting to this thread earlier.
>
> I like the general idea (I was always fond of the snowflake idea), and
> I also think that your attempts over time show improvement. But I
> still think that the logo isn't quite optimal. Other than for instance
> the Haskell snowflake logos, it does not look very "professional", and
> seems a bit unbalanced. Since we're going to be stuck with it for a
> long time, perhaps we can for now agree that we want a logo in this
> general direction and set a deadline for people to suggest
> improvements. Then Marc can play with it,

I did.
My results:

a simplification, also fitting everything into a circle you can't see:
http://mawercer.de/~marc/nix-one.svg << My favourite.

And playing made it worse (just for fun):

 lambda with crystals:
 http://mawercer.de/~marc/nix-simple.svg

 taking into account nix* origin:
 http://mawercer.de/~marc/nix-windmill.svg