[Nix-dev] Re: Nix Logo.

Andres Loeh andres.loeh at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:44:34 CET 2009

Thanks Nicolas for pushing the NixOS logo forward, and my apologies
for not reacting to this thread earlier.

I like the general idea (I was always fond of the snowflake idea), and
I also think that your attempts over time show improvement. But I
still think that the logo isn't quite optimal. Other than for instance
the Haskell snowflake logos, it does not look very "professional", and
seems a bit unbalanced. Since we're going to be stuck with it for a
long time, perhaps we can for now agree that we want a logo in this
general direction and set a deadline for people to suggest
improvements. Then Marc can play with it, and others can have a look
as well. It would be great if someone knows a professional designer
could just have them take a look and comment on the logo.

It's important that this process has a deadline (perhaps the end of
the year?), so that we can make progress, we can hopefully quickly
adopt the new logo.

If you'd prefer we adopt the logo now, then this is also fine with me
as long as we can agree that incremental improvements of the logo are
still possible and even desired.

Andres