[Nix-dev] Feedback / Is a contributor wanted?

Artyom Shalkhakov artyom.shalkhakov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 15:54:27 CET 2009

Hello,

First off, some feedback. I've managed to get some free time, so I
installed NixOS on my laptop.
Everything went okay, and I got a working system. You guys rock! Keep it up. :)

Can anybody tell me:

- if there's a REPL for Nix? I'd like to debug network-interfaces.nix
(I can connect to my home
wireless network if I issue iwconfig/ifconfig incantations by hand,
but I've looked at that script
and I don't know how it might be failing)

- what is the best (easiest/most proper?) way to run wpa_supplicant:
a) using Wicd (wicd.sourceforge.net). I think that I could write an
expression for Wicd
(wicd.sourceforge.net), but I don't know how to add Upstart jobs to
NixOS, which is needed
for Wicd to function properly.
b) is there a NetworkManager package?

- how to submit patches? Is there a review process or something?

Cheers,
Artyom Shalkhakov.