[Nix-dev] Doc feedback: the very first steps

Pjotr Prins pjotr2008 at thebird.nl
Tue Dec 30 18:48:00 CET 2008

Hi Micael,

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 03:18:57PM +0300, Michael Raskin wrote:
> Two problems so far: you meant 0.12 and it is very risky to use stable.

I think that is misguiding. Rather than pointing towards SVN head we
ought to fix the stable branch when it fails. That is what stable
branches are for.

Is it possible 0.12 gets kept in a usable state until we release 0.14?

Because of the article we will get people who need (a little more) careful
guidance. Maybe I am tring to push Nix in a certain direction, but I
believe I am not alone in this. Otherwise the article will have done
more harm than good. I certainly don't want to be using Nix
development versions all the time.

Pj.