[Nix-dev] Re: [OT] Re: I broke the buildfarm again - how to fix for the future?

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Sat Apr 26 19:22:14 CEST 2008

Hello,

Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> writes:

>> IMO it's the responsibility of the one who introduces new features to
>> explain other people what it does and how it's gonna change their lives.
>> ;-)  You can't expect everyone else to just "ping" you if they're
>> interested.
>
> I did. You've even answered to my first thoughts on this topic. Filter
> the mails by topic and "repository" (-manager)
> But maybe my mail (Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Subject: Re: [Nix-dev] Summary nix-repository-manager)
> was to short introducing this new feature?
> You can also have a look at the code / comments in bleedingEdge etc.
> I appreciate any feedback to improve the comments.

I know you did send a message on this topic (ID:
<20080307101806.GA5809 at gmx.de>), but maybe it was a bit rough on the
edges (it started with "My implementation was not complete enough.",
before describing what this was about ;-)), and sounded like an
after-the-fact justification (the code was already in).

(I'm not offering much technical help for the moment, just giving my
impressions on the way you "introduced" us to this.)

Thanks,
Ludovic.