[Nix-dev] [OT] Re: I broke the buildfarm again - how to fix for the future?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Apr 26 13:37:24 CEST 2008

> IMO it's the responsibility of the one who introduces new features to
> explain other people what it does and how it's gonna change their lives.
> ;-)  You can't expect everyone else to just "ping" you if they're
> interested.

I did. You've even answered to my first thoughts on this topic. Filter
the mails by topic and "repository" (-manager)
But maybe my mail (Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Subject: Re: [Nix-dev] Summary nix-repository-manager)
was to short introducing this new feature?
You can also have a look at the code / comments in bleedingEdge etc.
I appreciate any feedback to improve the comments.

"The ping me" phrase should be read as "whenever you feel having the
time I'll take time as well"-offer,
not as "I'm to lazy to tell you what this all is about - I don't care"

I've tried introducing kosmikus to this feature and he wasn't interested
very much. So I concluded other don't care as well.

And I'd really like to see a nixpkgs manual to put all this stuff in.
Eelco told me to wait because he wants to start it. That's fine.
Maybe I should start podding him occasionally I guess he will tell me.

Thanks for your reply - that's the only way to keep improving
Marc Weber