[Nix-dev] name resolution in nix packages not working

Tobias Hammerschmidt tobias.hammerschmidt at gmx.de
Fri Sep 14 13:40:17 CEST 2007

Wouter schrieb:
> Is this just restricted to the packages you installed (can you ping
> www.google.com)?

Yes it is. All packages from debian which do need name resolution are
working without problems.
> What does your /etc/resolv.conf contain? It should have something like:
> nameserver x.x.x.x

"cat /etc/resolv.conf" gives me:
nameserver 141.57.9.1
nameserver 192.168.1.254

The second entry is my DSL router.
> In case of Firefox, maybe you should set disableIPV6 (if you only have a
> ipv4 router) since nameresolving can take some time in this case.

It does not take some time -- it stops immediately when trying to open
an address like www.google.com.