[Nix-dev] Re: [Stratego-dev] Stratego/XT build misery

Eelco Visser visser at cs.uu.nl
Mon Nov 15 13:10:55 CET 2004

Hi Martin,

> I'm using Nix's GCC. There are some things you need to configure to make
> this GCC impure, maybe that's missing?
>
> export NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE="-I/usr/include"
> export NIX_CFLAGS_LINK="-L/usr/lib -L/lib"
> export NIX_LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib -L/lib"

I'm not sure that is the problem. In the compiles that go wrong /usr/lib
is in the search path. It seems to be a problem of the version of ld.

Could you provide a script for exactly reproducing your configuration?

> > For example, the autotools are not provided in nixpkgs.
>
> Autoconf, Automake and Libtool are available, but maybe not in the
> cache? (I'm using i686-linux.nix). You need to configure ACLOCAL_PATH if
> you are using the Autotools in Nix.

Configure it to what?

> > Is anyone else doing development builds using (build) dependencies
> > installed with Nix? If so, I'd be very interested in a description
> > (script!?) of the configuration you are using.
>
> I'm using ATerm and SDF2 Bundle from Nix as well. No problem with that,
> but then I don't have any Stratego related packages installed in /usr.

It seems to be a problem of the build tools (gcc etc) rather than such
an interference.

-- Eelco

Eelco Visser            Institute of Information and Computing Sciences
mail:visser at cs.uu.nl    Universiteit Utrecht
  or:visser at acm.org     P.O. Box 80089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~visser/ Phone: +31-30-253 4592 Fax: +31-30-251 3791