[Nix-dev] Re: [Stratego-dev] Stratego/XT build misery

Martin Bravenboer martin at cs.uu.nl
Mon Nov 15 13:38:01 CET 2004

Hi,

> Could you provide a script for exactly reproducing your configuration?

Well, I'm using the scripts at:
https://svn.cs.uu.nl:12443/repos/StrategoXT/trunk/config-install-scripts/

My .bashrc config is online as well:
https://svn.cs.uu.nl:12443/repos/mbravenboer/config/

> Configure it to what?

Install automake, libtool and autoconf and set ACLOCAL_PATH to:

/home/eelco/.nix-profile/share/aclocal

The problem is dat aclocal (Automake) expects that libtool is installed
at the same prefix.

> It seems to be a problem of the build tools (gcc etc) rather than such
> an interference.

I've found another difference: I'm using gcc-3.4.2 in Nix. This GCC
configuration includes an ld. So, I'm using the ld of my GCC
installation. Also, I'm using the nixpkgs directly from svn, but that
will probably not make difference.

Cheers,
--
Martin Bravenboer