[Nix-dev] Re: [Stratego-dev] Stratego/XT build misery

Martin Bravenboer martin at cs.uu.nl
Mon Nov 15 12:18:26 CET 2004

Hi Eelco,

I'm using Nix's GCC. There are some things you need to configure to make
this GCC impure, maybe that's missing?

export NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE="-I/usr/include"
export NIX_CFLAGS_LINK="-L/usr/lib -L/lib"
export NIX_LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib -L/lib"

> For example, the autotools are not provided in nixpkgs.

Autoconf, Automake and Libtool are available, but maybe not in the
cache? (I'm using i686-linux.nix). You need to configure ACLOCAL_PATH if
you are using the Autotools in Nix.

> Is anyone else doing development builds using (build) dependencies
> installed with Nix? If so, I'd be very interested in a description
> (script!?) of the configuration you are using.

I'm using ATerm and SDF2 Bundle from Nix as well. No problem with that,
but then I don't have any Stratego related packages installed in /usr.

Cheers,
--
Martin Bravenboer